Saturday, January 5, 2013


January 5, 2013

Ended up spending a gorgeous sunny day entirely at home working on a variety of projects for the upcoming sessions of professional development at both the Forum Association as well as the American Pilot School next Friday. While researching materials, I discovered that I already owned a digital copy of the book “Teach like a Champion”, so I didn’t need to take notes or scan copies of my favorite tips in it.

The landlady texted to indicate she’d be coming by later on with the skillet and saucepan I needed. When she showed up, there was no mention of the fact that that her brother hadn’t shown up all week and instead she said she’d found another electrician available to come by tomorrow at ten to run a couple of outlets for the kitchen.

I made an attempt to make compote, the homemade fruit-based drink so popular here, using the dried fruit I had purchased in the market and adding cinnamon sticks and whole cloves, but the end product still tasted insipid to me. I wondered what I might be doing wrong.

I took some photos of the entire apartment and uploaded them to Facebook for my family and friends to see. In the evening, I got to watch a classic screwball comedy that had eluded me for years, “Bringing up Baby”, with two of my favorite actors from the golden age of the silver screen, Katherine Hepburn and Cary Grant, never in better form. They sure don’t make movies like that anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment