Tuesday, January 22, 2013


January 21, 2013

Temperatures have continued to be relatively mild these days with the highest reaching 43 Fahrenheit in the late afternoon. This is certainly unexpected as I thought we’d be freezing these days and under a continuous blanket of snow.

I spent about four hours at Lingua mostly photocopying the handouts for the presentation in Almaty as well as printing the materials that needed lamination. The samsi guy didn’t come in, and I just skipped lunch and continued working so I could go home earlier.

At the lamination place, the young guy wasn’t in, but his assistant promptly took the pages and had them done in a jiffy. I then stopped at the nearest ATM to get some money to pay for my fare to Almaty, but that one didn’t accept MasterCard, only Visa. The #4 trolley came by and it was unusually crowded and I had a difficult time getting through the riders, all piled up at the front, to let me through when my stop came up.

Once I got home, I had a cup of cafĂ© con leche, watched CNN a bit and then started to pack my backpack for the trip tomorrow making sure I didn’t forget any of my cables and laptop accessories as I knew the hotel in Almaty had Wi-Fi included in the price of the room.

I got so engrossed in my reading of the Genghis Khan’s book that I was up way past midnight. It’s a really engrossing read especially the parts that reveal the lifestyle of the Mongols in the 1990s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment