Sunday, October 7, 2012


October 7, 2012

Not much to report today. Although it was a bit cold when the morning started out, the sun promptly warmed the day up, and after working at my computer for hours putting together more materials for the presentations coming up this week, I decided to go for a walk.

I went in search of the much mentioned Philharmonic Concert Hall and checked my map carefully before setting out only to realize I had already seen that building on a previous outing. It was an imposing building surrounded by statues of perhaps composers or musicians, and elaborate flower beds still sporting roses and other shrubs in bloom. I took numerous photos while enjoying the brilliant sunshine on my face.
I noticed that most businesses were open on a Sunday afternoon and traffic was only slightly diminished from the weekday volume. After my ration of exercise, I returned to the house to make soup in preparation for dinner.

One neighbor on the first floor, a woman, was painting the door frame to her apartment and had the door open. I said hello and she answered in English indicating she had started painting before five o’clock this morning and was just about finished. She confirmed there was no husband, just her and her eleven year old son, and thus she had to do it. I invited her to a cup of coffee in my flat whenever she wanted.

I was able to summarize the two class observations I had done last Tuesday and emailed my colleague the handouts for the presentation tomorrow. I still need to buy a printer for myself. I read some more materials related to my upcoming training sessions.

I now have uploaded most of my books in electronic format to my tablet and began to read Bill Bryson’s stimulating book, “A History of Home”. He continues to amaze me with his ability to present his research findings in such an entertaining way.

No comments:

Post a Comment