Tuesday, May 21, 2013


May 21, 2013

I chose another perfect day to stay at home and work on a myriad of projects as the weather turned cooler and then the rain started and I mean heavy rains. We did get to see some weak sunshine in the late afternoon, but for the most part, it was a great day to stay at home.

I continued to work on the e-book, which is turning out better and better the more I work on formatting the individual pages into single ones. It is a time-consuming task though as I then had to move each page individually to where it ought to be. I got to listen to three great Argentinean singers as I went about my work: Sandro, Jairo and Malena. I also listened to Barbra Streisand for a while.

I took a pause from typing to continue to do laundry as I had decided it was time to start sorting my clothing into what would go back to the States and what I plan to donate to the Peace Corps organization. I brought down my suitcases and started piling the winter clothes I no longer need into the old blue suitcase I don’t plan to take back. It filled up pretty soon.

My fish stew still turned too salty even after the addition of potatoes and carrots, tomato paste and lots of water. I knew the fish I bought on the way back from Issyk-Kul would be salty, but I didn’t suspect it would be almost inedible. I ate mostly the vegetables with the flat bread I had at hand.

Willoughby confirmed we’d go to the travel agency on Thursday afternoon to find out about our choices of places to take a much deserved vacation before the CATEC conference at the end of June. We’ll then have dinner that same evening.

I took a break from the computer work and got to read the book “Where’d go, Bernadette?” to its conclusion. I didn’t find the ending satisfying as it doesn’t establish what the family dynamics turned out to be after the mother comes back in. I then started to read “Daughter of Fortune” by Isabel Allende, a book I’d had on my list for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment