Monday, December 3, 2012


December 2, 2012

I had a totally relaxing day at home which started out with awesome blue skies and the sun so bright and warm that snow started to melt almost immediately from the treetops.

A scene I had never witnessed before came into focus when I looked out into the courtyard when preparing my lunch and saw about a dozen young guys playing soccer on the snow-topped basketball court. They were having a lot of fun and obviously felt that a thick layer of snow should be no impediment to the practice of their beloved sport.

I went to YouTube to explore the voice of a singer I’ve been hearing a lot about, Adele, and was totally captivated by her powerful voice and the fact that she enunciates so clearly I could understand every single word she uttered. What a pleasure to listen to a singer of that caliber. I was simply enthralled. I also enjoyed listening to some oldies from the Spanish crooner Victor Manuel of whom I was only familiar with a couple of his songs.

Got skype with my sister and James once again and caught up with all the family gossip. Mom is staying in Hallandale with my sister Lucia and her health status is stable. I always feel so much better after talking to Esther as she gets to displace some of my guilty feelings about being away from the family entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment