Monday, March 11, 2013


March 10, 2013

It was a beautiful day all around. We had clear skies and abundant sunshine pouring through the windows while no construction or rambunctious children marred the quietude of my Sunday. The only phone call came from my landlady to indicate she’d be in the neighborhood and wanted to drop off the oven knob to see if I had better luck in finding a replacement.

We talked on the landing for a few minutes and she informed me the plumbing job would not be completed until the end of March as the heating needed to be turned off and the tenants would not agree to that. The heating system will be turned off by decree on March 26 regardless of what kind of weather we might be facing.

I decided to watch the movie “Django” while cleaning up my desk as I knew there would be a lot of gory scenes I’d not be interested in watching. I loved this film in spite of myself as the dialogue was so witty, the acting simply superb and the scenery breathtaking. I might even say that Tarantino has outdone himself thus putting his “Inglorious Basterds” in second place. I can imagine the hordes of white moviegoers who were put off by this take on Nat Turner’s revenge.

I have no more books in print to read, so it was time to turn on my tablet and charge it all day so I’d have access to my digital collection. I decided to read something light and came across “Sherlock Holmes”, a book that had eluded me for years, and I got started on it. I loved the use of the language in this book and I’m looking forward to reading some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment