Monday, April 1, 2013


March 31, 2013

It felt luxurious to know I would have the entire day to spend at home doing as I pleased. I got to finish both presentations for the spring seminar and even worked on a handout to provide to the attendees so the lecture in itself wouldn’t bore them to tears.

I had intended to finish all my work by noon and then go for a walk to enjoy the sunshine and pleasant temperatures outside, but little by the little, the skies darkened, the wind picked up speed and pretty soon started to rain. According to the forecast, we can expect snow again for Tuesday. Not exactly what I had in mind for the first week of April.

I thought my cable service would have been disconnected by now, but I still had access to CNN and I watched it for a bit until they started to cover the Easter service live from the Vatican. Really? Do people actually pay a cable provider so they can watch a bunch of old men recite the same prayers over and over live on TV? I turned it off and took a nap instead.

I got to skype with my sister Esther late in the evening so she could fill me in as to the latest happenings regarding my mother’s health and what other members of the family were up. Since I’m already on the regressive countdown with less than four months to go, we discussed my future plans as well.

What should I do for next year? I really have no idea as I feel that I should be spending more time with my mother whose health continues to decline on a daily basis while at the same feeling that I should continue to expand my knowledge in the area of teacher training by become involved in the actual coaching of teachers instead of just providing a role model for them.

We will see what the summer brings in terms of offers or rejections.

No comments:

Post a Comment